- Full support for ECMAScript 5.1 (ECMA-262)
- Experimental support for ES6/Harmony (module, class, destructuring, ...)
- Full support for JSX syntax extensions.
- Sensible syntax tree format compatible with Mozilla Parser AST
- Optional tracking of syntax node location (index-based and line-column)
- Heavily tested (> 650 unit tests with full code coverage)
- Ongoing support for ES6/Harmony (module, class, destructuring, ...)
In order to follow semver rules and keep reference to original Esprima versions at the same time, we left 3 digits of each version part to refer to upstream harmony branch. We then take the most significant digit.
Example: 4001.3001.0000-dev-harmony-fb aligns with 1.1.0-dev-harmony (aka 001.001.000-dev-harmony) in upstream, with our own changes on top.
For more information on original Esprima, check the web site esprima.org.