A collection of array utilities, meant as a zero-dependency way of working with arrays.
npm install @ultraq/array-utils
Flattens an array of arrays of infinite depth into a single-dimension array.
flatmethod on an Array instance. Check MDN for which browsers have access to this feature. If you can't use
flat, then this method will do the job 🙂
- array: The array of arrays to flatten
range(start, end, step)
Creates an array of numbers from the starting value (inclusive) to the end (exclusive), with an optional step (the gap between values).
- start: The value to start at, the first item in the returned array.
- end: The value to end with, the last item in the returned array.
- step: The increment/gap between values, defaults to 1.
Remove and return the first item from
array that matches the predicate
- array: The array to search and remove an item from
- predicate: Function to test each item of the array with. If it returns a truthy value for the item, then that item is removed and returned.