package manager for io.js (npm fork)
"yapm" is a package manager for node.js (npm fork)
improvements in package.json handling:
- preserve formatting of package.json files
- support for package.json5 and package.yaml files (docs, #3336, #4482).
- if package.json or any other json document is malformed, show where the error is (#3869).
- logs have much more clean formatting
- added a progress bar showing download progress (#1257)
- better search output with github repository links
multiple registries support
- registry-specific configs + security fixes
- easier switch between different npm registries
semver support for packages installable from github (docs, #3014, #3328, #3442, #3511, #4527).
a bunch of other minor changes (docs, #4573).
$ npm install -g yapm
$ yapm install whatever
$ alias npm=yapm
- Github semver support
- Output formatting changes
- Better search output
- Everything else, this repository is synced with upstream at least once a week