Web Audio School
An intro to the Web Audio API by a series of self-guided workshops.
We will primarily focus on using the Web Audio API for music, but the concepts here could be applied to game sound and other creative uses.
This workshop was built for CampJS V!
Try it out here:
- Handle user code errors and display in editor
$ npm install web-audio-school -g
Start the server:
Now navigate to localhost:9966.
Works in latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari.
Part I: Subtractive Synthesis
- Play a pitched sawtooth wave
- Play a short sequence of notes
- Add a high-pass filter
- Modulate filter cutoff
- Add an envelope
Part II: Working With Samples
- Decode and play an audio file
- Set in and out points
- Looping samples
- Set sample pitch
- Play a sequence of pitched samples
Part III: Effects
- Stereo Tremolo
- Echo / Delay
- Overdrive (part 1)
- Overdrive (part 2)
- Ping Pong Delay
- Simple Reverb
- Drop the Bass
Not Yet Covered
- AudioWorker (not yet supported by any browsers)
- ScriptProcessor (deprecated)
This is an OPEN open source project. See CONTRIBUTING.md for details