A Serverless Framework Plugin which helps you configure route specific variables, such as throttling rate limits, detailed metrics etc (see CloudFormation RouteSettings) for Api Gateway v2 (HTTP). Also allows defaults to be set in the custom attribute of your serverless.yml.
ApiGateway v2 seems to only accept the following RouteSettings for Api Gateway v2 (HTTP):
npm install serverless-apigateway-route-settings
yarn add serverless-apigateway-route-settings
Edit your serverless.yml to use this plugin:
plugins: - serverless-apigateway-route-settings
Next, edit your serverless.yml for DefaultRouteSettings. What you enter here will be the default for each route in the stage.
custom: routeSettings: burstLimit: 200 rateLimit: 400 detailedMetricsEnabled: true
You can override the default route settings/account defaults by configuring at the route level. for example:
functions: hello: handler: src/throttle_me.handler events: - httpApi: path: /hello method: GET routeSettings: rateLimit: 10 burstLimit: 5 detailedMetricsEnabled: false
- Currently, if we are to deploy with default route settings specified, then remove them, they will persist, you MUST specify new default route settings. I aim to fix this in an update, will default to account levels.
- Doesn't work with pre existing API Gateways, eg if they are existing and we simply add routes in the serverless.yml. It is possible to add this plugin to an existing api gateway which is handled by serverless however.
service: example frameworkVersion: '2' plugins: - serverless-apigateway-route-settings custom: routeSettings: detailedMetricsEnabled: true rateLimit: 200 burstLimit: 30 provider: name: aws runtime: nodejs12.x functions: # Inherits the default route settings. hello: handler: src/helloWorld.handler events: - httpApi: path: /hello method: GET # Overrides the default throttle rate limits. lowerRateLimit: handler: src/lowerRateLimit.handler events: - httpApi: path: /throttle method: GET routeSettings: rateLimit: 10 burstLimit: 3
What will be added to your CloudFormation template?
- DefaultRouteSettings will be added to your Stage.
- RouteSettings will be added to your Stage.
- The DependsOn attribute is edited for your Stage. We simply add any Route's with configured RouteSettings, to ensure the creation of the Routes before the Stage. Otherwise CloudFormation will error (as it tries to edit the RouteSettings for a Route that doesn't exist yet).
If you encounter any bugs, please let me know here, and I will aim to fix them soon