Using the original metaphor of a software sketchbook, p5.js has a full set of drawing functionality. However, you're not limited to your drawing canvas, you can think of your whole browser page as your sketch! For this, p5.js has addon libraries that make it easy to interact with other HTML5 objects, including text, input, video, webcam, and sound.
p5.js is a new interpretation, not an emulation or port, and it is in active development. An official editing environment is coming soon, as well as many more features!
If you have found a bug in the p5.js library, you can file it here under the “issues” tab. An indicative template for reporting an issue is provided to assist you (and us!) better.
To use the complete p5.js library, you can download it here. If you are interested in the most recent, less stable version, or even simply in (new!) certain components of p5.js, you can clone this repository and run
grunt from the command line to generate the library from source. See the developer docs for more information about our build process to generate the complete as well as selective library.
You can also start with the codepen template. You may need to update the version of the p5.js library that is linked into the html section.
Community maintained typescript definitions are here.
Please post bugs in the correct repository:
- p5.js general and p5.dom: https://github.com/processing/p5.js/issues
- p5.sound: https://github.com/processing/p5.js-sound/issues
- p5.js website: https://github.com/processing/p5.js-website/issues
- p5.js web editor: https://github.com/processing/p5.js-web-editor/issues
Check out p5js.org for lots more! Here are some quick-links:
- Get Started: Create and run your first sketch!
- p5.js overview — An overview of the main features and functionality of p5.js.
- Reference: The functionality supported by p5.js.
- Learn: Tutorials and short, prototypical examples exploring the basics of p5.js.
- Forum: Ask and answers questions about how to make things with p5.js here.
- Libraries: Extend p5 functionality to interact with HTML, manipulate sound, and more!
p5.js is a collaborative project created by many individuals, and you are invited to help. All types of involvement are welcome. See the community section to get started!
Developers, check out the developer docs for more in-depth details about contributing code, bug fixes, and documentation.
Thanks goes to these wonderful people (emoji key)!