This is an implementation of the modified merkle patricia tree as specified in the Ethereum's yellow paper.
The modified Merkle Patricia tree (trie) provides a persistent data structure to map between arbitrary-length binary data (byte arrays). It is defined in terms of a mutable data structure to map between 256-bit binary fragments and arbitrary-length binary data. The core of the trie, and its sole requirement in terms of the protocol specification is to provide a single 32-byte value that identifies a given set of key-value pairs.
- Ethereum's yellow paper
The only backing store supported is LevelDB through the
npm install merkle-patricia-tree
Initialization and Basic Usage
var Trie =levelup =db =trie = db;trie;
- "Exploring Ethereum's state trie with Node.js" blog post
- "Merkling in Ethereum" blog post
- Ethereum Trie Specification Wiki
- "Understanding the ethereum trie" blog post
- "Trie and Patricia Trie Overview" Video Talk on Youtube