This adapter controls any PJLink compatible projector or display with ioBroker.
PJLink is a unified standard for operating and controlling data projectors and displays. The protocol enables central control of certain devices, manufactured by different vendors. The protocol is used by NEC, Casio, Seiko, Sony, Panasonic, Hitachi, Mitsubishi, Ricoh, Vivitek and even more. Please consult the device manual to check compatibility.
Note: Devices are not sending information activly... therefore, the adapter will pull certain information frequently (see polling interval). Do not reduce the polling interval <10 sec. because the device needs up to 2 sec. to answer and the script will query several paramters!
- Audio / Video mute can not be set. Setting these modes is not working correctly right now. It's disabled in the code - can somebody contribute on this?
- Warum-Up and Cool-Down ist not tested because my device is to giving these information - can somebody contribute on this?
- All dialogs are in English as for now, DE and RU are in progress. Further translations on demand.
- Implementing table into admin interface to translate source port ID to port name (like 31 = HDMI1)
- Supporting PJLink Class 2 protocol
How the adapter works
The adapter consists by three elements:
- Admin interface to define device specific parameters (admin/index.html)
- Main script (main.js)
The Main script works in four steps:
- Doing some initial configuration like creating ioBroker objects
- Starring the first communication with the device and asking for the current parameters
- Waiting for a state change like switching the input source or turning power off
- Executing the change with the device Please be aware, that the communication with the projector is not possible if the projector is in standby with power saving feature enabled. Therefore, it will not be possible to turn the project on using this adapter. To do so, disable the power saving feature using the projector configuration (Menu > Settings...).
- fixed an issue when device authentication is needed and device password is configured
- enhanced command processing in lib
- no functional change to 2.1.0
- fixed several adapter-check findings to be compliant with ioBroker rules
- added to travis
- created npm
- enhanced errorhandling when device is not connected
- fixed power-off handling
- implemented isInputSourceName for better source identification and reporting in vis
- new development, based on ioBroker adapter template
- fixed an error where adapter instances started multiple times
- fixed an issue when encrypted communicating ist used
- changed datapoint "power" to be boolean, to start/stop the devices
- added datapoint "status" to report the current status of the device (on, off, warm up, cool down, not connected)
- errorhandling implemented (somekind of...)
- first public flight (beta)
- build admin interface
- build translate table
- redesign some timings (what / when)
- Inital version
Copyright (c) 2021 oberstel email@example.com
Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:
The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.