ioBroker adapter for KEBA KeContact P20 or P30 and BMW i wallbox
Control your charging station and use automatic regulation e.g. to charge your vehicle by photovoltaic surplus and battery storage using its UDP protocol.
Install this adapter via ioBroker Admin:
- Open instance config dialog
- Enter the IP address of your KEBA KeContact wallbox
- Adjust the refresh interval if needed
- Save the configuration
- Start the adapter
KeContact IP Address
This is the IP address of your KEBA KeContact or BMW i wallbox.
Once a day adapter will check if a newer firmware is available at KEBA website. This information will be printed to log as warning.
Activate this option if you wnat to control your wallbox by your own and yu do not wish this adapter to do some automatics. In this case all subsequent options regarding PV automatics and power limitation will be ignored.
Activate this option if this a subsequent wallbox in your environment. Currently, only one wallbox can be managed actively. All others (seperate instances) must check this option because of only one instance can receive broadcast messages. This wallbox/instance will be running in passive mode.
Load charging sessions
You can check this option to periodically download the latest charging sessions (30) from your wall box. ATTENTION for users from version v1.1.1 and below: you have to check this option to still receive for charging sessions!
This is the interval in seconds how often the wallbox should be queried for new charging values.
The default value is 10 minutes which is a good balance between the load for the KeConnect and having up-to-date information in ioBroker.
To charge your vehicle accordingly to a surplus (e.g. by photovoltaics) you can also define states which represent surplus and regard of main power. These value are used to calculate amperage which can be used for charging. By additional values you can define
- a state for current power of battery storage, so the photovoltaics automatics will use it additionally for charging your vehicle
- toggle X1 option if you want to use X1 input from charging station to control whether to charge with full power or by photovoltaic automatic
- a different mimimum amperage than the default 6 A (only needed for e.g. Renault Zoe)
- a value of regard power that may be used to start charging (that means charging will start even if not enough surplus is available - suggested 0 W for 1 phases charging, 500 W to 2000 W for 3 phases charging)
- an increment for amperage (suggested 500 mA)
- a value of regard that may be temporarily used to uphold charging session (that means charging will stop later even if enough surplus is no longer available - starting regard will be added - suggested 500 W)
- minimum duration of charging session (even if surplus is no longer sufficient, a charging session will last at least this time - suggested 300 sec)
- time to continue charging session each time surplus is no longer sufficient (to bridge the time on cloudy days)
You can also limit max. power of your wallbox to limit main power. E.g. when running night-storage heaters you might have to respect a maximum power limitation. If you enter a value, your wallbox will be limited continously to not pass your power limit. Up to three states of energy meters can be specified for limitation. All values will be added to calculate current consumption. An extra checkbox is used to specified whether wallbox power is included (in this case wallbox power will be subtracted from the state values).
Additionally there are some states to influence behaviour of photovoltaics automatic on the fly, e.g. by a script of your own updating these values according to your needs)
- kecontact.0.automatic.photovoltaics - actives photovoltaics automatic (true) or will charge vehicle with maximum power when set to false
- kecontact.0.automatic.calcPhases - defines the current number of phases to be used for charging calculation. This is needed for Keba Deutschland edition and can be used for initial charging session for all charging stations
- kecontact.0.automatic.addPower - defines an amount of watts of regard allowed to charge your vehicle (same as in options)
- kecontact.0.automatic.pauseWallbox - stops every charging session immediately as long a set to true
- kecontact.0.automatic.limitCurrent - limits your charging to specified amperage in mA (0 = no limitation)
Sample: To charge your vehicle with a constant amperage of 6A regardless of surplus, set photovoltaics to false and limitCurrent to 6000.
- (Sneak-L8) support for battery storage in photovoltaics automatics
- (Sneak-L8) add state selector in settings dialog
- (Sneak-L8) fix invalid assignment to message (sentry IOBROKER-KECONTACT-S)
- (Sneak-L8) update charging timestamp more often to prevent toogling
- (Sneak-L8) update more information even in passive mode
- (Sneak-L8) fix error when message to display is empty (sentry IOBROKER-KECONTACT-Q)
- (Sneak-L8) new option whether power of wallbox is included in surplus/regard
- (Sneak-L8) firmware check for x-series no longer supported due to changes on website of Keba
- (Sneak-L8) fix wrong type of timeQ in charging reports
- (Sneak-L8) new adapter base generated by adapter creator
- (Sneak-L8) support multiple wallboxes
- (Sneak-L8) fix wrong P20/P30 detection
- (Sneak-L8) new: limit max. charging current dynamically
- (Sneak-L8) support BMW charging station (Keba OEM, Sentry IOBROKER-KECONTACT-3)
- (Sneak-L8) support P20 charging station (Sentry IOBROKER-KECONTACT-B)
- (Sneak-L8) optimized power calculation for Deutschland edition
- (Sneak-L8) support X1 contact of charging station to switch photovoltaics automatic
- (Sneak-L8) prevent a crash case (Sentry IOBROKER-KECONTACT-2)
- (Sneak-L8) support for compact mode
- (Sneak-L8) using sentry.io to track errors
- (Sneak-L8) support for KeContact P30 Deutschland edition
- (Sneak-L8) new time option to continue charging session with regard
- (Sneak-L8) optimized calculation of surplus (prevent alternating amperage)
- (Sneak-L8) default state of photovoltaics automatic set to true for new users
- (Sneak-L8) new option to select whether charging sessions list should be downloaded and be saved in states or not, do so only once an hour ATTENTION for users from version v1.1.1 and below: you have to check this option to still receive for charging sessions!
- (Sneak-L8) firmware version check
- (Sneak-L8) expanded readme
- (Sneak-L8) internal state update prevented recognition of state change
- (Sneak-L8) intermediate results saved as states values
- (Sneak-L8) additional power for charging session as state
- (Sneak-L8) new options for minimal amerage (e.g. Renault Zoe) and permanent regard value
- Added readout of last 30 Charging Sessions from Wallbox; Enabled 'setenergy' State to send and set Charging Goal in Wh to Wallbox
- (Sneak-L8) add missing german translation for IP address setting
- (UncleSam) change settings layout to material design, first offical version
- (Sneak-L8) in PV automatics mode wallbox will be disabled as long as no vehicle is plugged
- (Sneak-L8) do not start charging when vehicle is plugged even if current is too low for photovoltaics automation
- (Sneak-L8) regulate wallbox by PV automatics independant from state curr user
- (Sneak-L8) try again to regulate wallbox by currtime instead of curr as suggested
- (Sneak-L8) fix call to display PV automatics after vehicle is plugged, fix object in energy meter states
- (Sneak-L8) display information about photovoltaics automatic also at begin of charging
- (Sneak-L8) delayed display of photovoltaics automatic when vehicle is plugged (8 sec)
- (Sneak-L8) handle values of undefined in getStates
- (Sneak-L8) better recognition of max power function
- (Sneak-L8) added automatic regulation by output photovoltaics unit
- (Sneak-L8) added possibility to limit wallbox to keep total power below a limit
- (Sneak-L8) added state to display text on wallbox
- (Apollon77) Updated CI testing, update basic files
- (UncleSamSwiss) Improved UDP datagram sending
- (UncleSamSwiss) Added all known writable states
- (UncleSamSwiss) Improved UDP socket handling (thanks to ehome)
- (UncleSamSwiss) Added reading all known states
- (UncleSamSwiss) Initial version
This project is not affiliated directly or indirectly with the company KEBA AG.
KeConnect is a registered trademark of KEBA AG.
Apache License Version 2.0, January 2004 http://www.apache.org/licenses/
TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR USE, REPRODUCTION, AND DISTRIBUTION
"License" shall mean the terms and conditions for use, reproduction, and distribution as defined by Sections 1 through 9 of this document.
"Licensor" shall mean the copyright owner or entity authorized by the copyright owner that is granting the License.
"Legal Entity" shall mean the union of the acting entity and all other entities that control, are controlled by, or are under common control with that entity. For the purposes of this definition, "control" means (i) the power, direct or indirect, to cause the direction or management of such entity, whether by contract or otherwise, or (ii) ownership of fifty percent (50%) or more of the outstanding shares, or (iii) beneficial ownership of such entity.
"You" (or "Your") shall mean an individual or Legal Entity exercising permissions granted by this License.
"Source" form shall mean the preferred form for making modifications, including but not limited to software source code, documentation source, and configuration files.
"Object" form shall mean any form resulting from mechanical transformation or translation of a Source form, including but not limited to compiled object code, generated documentation, and conversions to other media types.
"Work" shall mean the work of authorship, whether in Source or Object form, made available under the License, as indicated by a copyright notice that is included in or attached to the work (an example is provided in the Appendix below).
"Derivative Works" shall mean any work, whether in Source or Object form, that is based on (or derived from) the Work and for which the editorial revisions, annotations, elaborations, or other modifications represent, as a whole, an original work of authorship. For the purposes of this License, Derivative Works shall not include works that remain separable from, or merely link (or bind by name) to the interfaces of, the Work and Derivative Works thereof.
"Contribution" shall mean any work of authorship, including the original version of the Work and any modifications or additions to that Work or Derivative Works thereof, that is intentionally submitted to Licensor for inclusion in the Work by the copyright owner or by an individual or Legal Entity authorized to submit on behalf of the copyright owner. For the purposes of this definition, "submitted" means any form of electronic, verbal, or written communication sent to the Licensor or its representatives, including but not limited to communication on electronic mailing lists, source code control systems, and issue tracking systems that are managed by, or on behalf of, the Licensor for the purpose of discussing and improving the Work, but excluding communication that is conspicuously marked or otherwise designated in writing by the copyright owner as "Not a Contribution."
"Contributor" shall mean Licensor and any individual or Legal Entity on behalf of whom a Contribution has been received by Licensor and subsequently incorporated within the Work.
Grant of Copyright License. Subject to the terms and conditions of this License, each Contributor hereby grants to You a perpetual, worldwide, non-exclusive, no-charge, royalty-free, irrevocable copyright license to reproduce, prepare Derivative Works of, publicly display, publicly perform, sublicense, and distribute the Work and such Derivative Works in Source or Object form.
Grant of Patent License. Subject to the terms and conditions of this License, each Contributor hereby grants to You a perpetual, worldwide, non-exclusive, no-charge, royalty-free, irrevocable (except as stated in this section) patent license to make, have made, use, offer to sell, sell, import, and otherwise transfer the Work, where such license applies only to those patent claims licensable by such Contributor that are necessarily infringed by their Contribution(s) alone or by combination of their Contribution(s) with the Work to which such Contribution(s) was submitted. If You institute patent litigation against any entity (including a cross-claim or counterclaim in a lawsuit) alleging that the Work or a Contribution incorporated within the Work constitutes direct or contributory patent infringement, then any patent licenses granted to You under this License for that Work shall terminate as of the date such litigation is filed.
Redistribution. You may reproduce and distribute copies of the Work or Derivative Works thereof in any medium, with or without modifications, and in Source or Object form, provided that You meet the following conditions:
(a) You must give any other recipients of the Work or Derivative Works a copy of this License; and
(b) You must cause any modified files to carry prominent notices stating that You changed the files; and
(c) You must retain, in the Source form of any Derivative Works that You distribute, all copyright, patent, trademark, and attribution notices from the Source form of the Work, excluding those notices that do not pertain to any part of the Derivative Works; and
(d) If the Work includes a "NOTICE" text file as part of its distribution, then any Derivative Works that You distribute must include a readable copy of the attribution notices contained within such NOTICE file, excluding those notices that do not pertain to any part of the Derivative Works, in at least one of the following places: within a NOTICE text file distributed as part of the Derivative Works; within the Source form or documentation, if provided along with the Derivative Works; or, within a display generated by the Derivative Works, if and wherever such third-party notices normally appear. The contents of the NOTICE file are for informational purposes only and do not modify the License. You may add Your own attribution notices within Derivative Works that You distribute, alongside or as an addendum to the NOTICE text from the Work, provided that such additional attribution notices cannot be construed as modifying the License.
You may add Your own copyright statement to Your modifications and may provide additional or different license terms and conditions for use, reproduction, or distribution of Your modifications, or for any such Derivative Works as a whole, provided Your use, reproduction, and distribution of the Work otherwise complies with the conditions stated in this License.
Submission of Contributions. Unless You explicitly state otherwise, any Contribution intentionally submitted for inclusion in the Work by You to the Licensor shall be under the terms and conditions of this License, without any additional terms or conditions. Notwithstanding the above, nothing herein shall supersede or modify the terms of any separate license agreement you may have executed with Licensor regarding such Contributions.
Trademarks. This License does not grant permission to use the trade names, trademarks, service marks, or product names of the Licensor, except as required for reasonable and customary use in describing the origin of the Work and reproducing the content of the NOTICE file.
Disclaimer of Warranty. Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, Licensor provides the Work (and each Contributor provides its Contributions) on an "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied, including, without limitation, any warranties or conditions of TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY, or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. You are solely responsible for determining the appropriateness of using or redistributing the Work and assume any risks associated with Your exercise of permissions under this License.
Limitation of Liability. In no event and under no legal theory, whether in tort (including negligence), contract, or otherwise, unless required by applicable law (such as deliberate and grossly negligent acts) or agreed to in writing, shall any Contributor be liable to You for damages, including any direct, indirect, special, incidental, or consequential damages of any character arising as a result of this License or out of the use or inability to use the Work (including but not limited to damages for loss of goodwill, work stoppage, computer failure or malfunction, or any and all other commercial damages or losses), even if such Contributor has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
Accepting Warranty or Additional Liability. While redistributing the Work or Derivative Works thereof, You may choose to offer, and charge a fee for, acceptance of support, warranty, indemnity, or other liability obligations and/or rights consistent with this License. However, in accepting such obligations, You may act only on Your own behalf and on Your sole responsibility, not on behalf of any other Contributor, and only if You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold each Contributor harmless for any liability incurred by, or claims asserted against, such Contributor by reason of your accepting any such warranty or additional liability.
END OF TERMS AND CONDITIONS
APPENDIX: How to apply the Apache License to your work.
To apply the Apache License to your work, attach the following boilerplate notice, with the fields enclosed by brackets "" replaced with your own identifying information. (Don't include the brackets!) The text should be enclosed in the appropriate comment syntax for the file format. We also recommend that a file or class name and description of purpose be included on the same "printed page" as the copyright notice for easier identification within third-party archives.
Copyright 2021-2022 UncleSamSwiss, Sneak-L8
Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at
Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License for the specific language governing permissions and limitations under the License.