GrammKit is a tool for generating syntax diagrams (also known as railroad diagrams) for parser grammars. Check out the online version.
Currently these grammar formats are supported:
- PEG.js - it is parsed into internal AST of PEG.js which is then translated using peg-rd.js.
- EBNF defined in W3C standards - it parsed into AST using parse-ebnf.pegjs
- Ohm - translation is done using semantic actions in ohm-rd.js
Is uses the railroad-diagrams library to generate SVG images.
Use the command line utility
npm install -g grammkit
To generate static html page run
To generate markdown file run
grammkit -t md yourgrammar.peg.
This will generate separate SVG files and a markdown file that includes them.
Use the library
npm install grammkit
var grammkit = ;var parse = parse;var grammar = ;grammkit;// => '<svg>...</svg>'
The SVG renders as:
Clone repo and install dependencies with
npm run dev and open browser at http://localhost:3000/dist/ .
Here is an overview how the format conversion works:
- Bumped up dependencies to make npm audit happy (#20)
- Removed references to rawgit.com since it shut down (#21)
- Fixed compatibility with latest version of pegjs (v0.10.0)
- Fix onclick events for SVG elements (#13)
- Bump dependencies to satisfy npm audit
- Update ohm dependency
- Add support for ohm grammars
- Choose different formats in web app and cli
List of other project worth checking out.