A terminal thingy to get lyrics of a track from genius.com
It was just getting tiring looking up lyrics like... okay maybe not that much maybe I was just bored and made this to kill time.
$ [sudo] npm install glyrics -g
$ glyrics "track name"
and then follow onscreen instructions
- Make a GUI with all the genius.com features like viewing annotations and stuff
You know what to do.. Just do any of the todos or add your own thing. Fork, make a new branch with your feature, submit a pull request!
Added changelog in version 1.4.0, No changelog for older versions, Sorry 😕
- Better regex for highlighting
- replaced genius() with IIFE
- Bracket  hightlighting for things like [Verse], [Chorus]. Makes it easier to read
- Refactoring and stuff
- Added LICENSE
- Not using
- Displays a more user friendly error if something goes wrong. (not dev friendly)
- Added a scrollable box (easier to read)
- Removed manual typing of number for selection of songs. Now using key arrows to navigate through the list of tracks
- Some other minor UI improvements
- I encourage that you get your own token at https://genius.com/api-clients
- Both the selection menu and the lyrics box support
kkeys for movement... Luckily.
- Works on Mac, Linux and even Android (Tested on termux). Install by
yarn global add glyricson Android.
@candhforlife PS: Please follow me I'm losing followers because I don't tweet that much 😢