Directly call the file browser dialog from your code, and get back the resulting array of FileList. Handy for when you need to post files via AJAX/Fetch. No more hacky hiding of
<input type="file"> elements. Support for Callbacks & Promises!
- Supports CommonJS, AMD, and global
- No JQuery needed, tiny (1.25 KB), with no dependencies
- Supports selecting multiple files and the file type 'accepts' attribute (see examples below)
- Support for all major browsers
For Webpack/Browserify projects...
npm install file-dialog --save
- Require it
const fileDialog = require('file-dialog')or with ES6 modules
import fileDialog from 'file-dialog'
- Note: If you want to support older browsers make sure you have babel enabled.
- Include minified file-dialog.min.js via
- Module is binded to the global variable
Get a File via a promise and POST to server via Fetch
Allow user to select only an image file
Allow user to select only images or videos
Allow user to select multiple image files at once
Classic callback version of the above