The main goal of DynamicsNode is to make you very productive when it comes to automate small tasks in Dynamics CRM. Just create a .js file, add a few lines and execute it.
No more .net console applications with all the boilerplate code just for creating one record. Go productive!
Github project: https://github.com/crisfervil/DynamicsNode
Review the changelog to see the latest changes.
How to use it
Create a new directory to store your scripts and cd into it
$ mkdir MyScripts && cd MyScripts
$ npm install dynamicsnode
Create a new js file named myscript.js and start adding code
var dn = ;// update this with your CRM url and credentials if neededvar crm = "Url=";// retrieve current user informationvar who = crm;var myUserInfo = crm;console; // prints your user name// retrieve a user named John Doevar anotherUser = crm;console; // prints all the attributes of the user
Save the file and run the script.
In order to run the script use node
$ node myscript
Further information: API
How to compile and test the code: Compile and Testing
Use it as a command line tool: Commands and Repl
This tool is based on Edge and requires .NET Framework 4.5 to be installed.
It has been tested in Windows environments only, but could potentially work in Linux too using Mono.
Supported CRM versions
Tested on CRM 2011, 2013 and CRM Online so far.
Volunteers to run the integration tests on other versions are more than welcome :)
(Ordered by priority)
- Improve documentation (work In progress)
- Add DataTable functions (work in progress)
- Refactor to minimize .net code
- Increase code coverage
- Add paging support in queries
- Add async support
- Improve Exception handling
- Add support for .net core
- Make it work in Mono and Linux
- Improve Exception Handling to show errors in CRM side
- Add functions to work with solutions
- Add integration tests for activities
- Add an Assert object to allow create integration tests
- Add examples page
- Add a commands to work with connections
- Add more commands to repl mode
- Add support for missing operators in condition objects
- Add d.ts file to Typings repository
- Add functions to create performance tests
- Add functions to allow Continuos Integration tools
- Add extensibility
Improve testeability and integration tests
Add import/export commands
Add test coverage reports
Upload npm package