The forgiving plotting API designed for use with Data-Forge.
Or check out my blog: The Data Wrangler.
THIS JS LIBRARY IS A WORK IN PROGRESS
If you want to understand and give feedback on this new API, please first read my introductory blog post.
Please join the conversation on Gitter
- To go as simple and conveniently as possible from a series or dataframe to chart.
- To be able to output charts and visualizations directly from Node.js to image files.
- To be able to export an web-based interactive chart from Node.js that could easily be hosted under a web-server.
- To be able to serialize a chart to JSON and then reinstantiate it from the JSON in a web-app.
- To separate chart definition and data definition so that chart definitions can easily be reused with different data sets.
- To configure charts either via JSON or via the fluent API, ultimately though it should be able to be expressed in JSON but with fluent API as syntactic sugar.
npm install --save data-forge data-forge-plot
const dataForge = ;; // Extends Data-Forge with the 'plot' function.
Rendering a chart from a CSV file
const dataFrame = await dataForge;await dataFrame;
More docs coming soon
It's early days for DFP. I'll be working on more docs soon.
To see examples of API usage please see my blog posts:
There's a bunch of TypeScript examples in DFP's GitHub repo: