Cylon adaptor for Raspberry Pi
This module provides an adaptor for the Raspberry Pi single board computer (http://www.raspberrypi.org/).
Want to use Ruby on robots? Check out our sister project Artoo (http://artoo.io)
Install the module with:
$ npm install cylon-raspi
This small program causes an LED to blink.
var Cylon = require"cylon";Cylonrobotconnections:raspi: adaptor: 'raspi'devices:led: driver: 'led' pin: 11every1second myledtoggle;start;
This module only works on a real Raspberry Pi. Do not bother trying on any other kind of computer it will not work. Also note you will need to connect actual circuits to the Raspberry Pi's GPIO pins.
You must add these two entries to your
You must also ensure that these entries are commented in your
#blacklist spi-bcm2708 #blacklist i2c-bcm2708
Now restart your raspberry pi.
You need to install and have pi-blaster running in the raspberry-pi, you can follow the instructions for pi-blaster install in the pi-blaster repo here:
The following object depicts available pins for all revisions of raspberry-pi, the
key is the actual number of the physical pin header on the board,the
value is the GPIO pin number assigned by the OS, for the pins with changes between board revisions, the value contains the variations of GPIO pin number assignment between them (eg.rev1, rev2, rev3).
You should just be concerned with the
key (number of the physical pin header on the board), Cylon.JS takes care of the board revision and GPIO pin numbers for you, this full list is for reference only.
PINS =3:rev1: 0rev2: 2rev3: 25:rev1: 1rev2: 3rev3: 37: 48: 1410: 1511: 1712: 1813:rev1: 21rev2: 27rev3: 2715: 2216: 2318: 2419: 1021: 922: 2523: 1124: 829:rev3: 531:rev3: 632:rev3: 1233:rev3: 1335:rev3: 1936:rev3: 1637:rev3: 2638:rev3: 2040:rev3: 21;
We're busy adding documentation to our web site at http://cylonjs.com/ please check there as we continue to work on Cylon.js
- All patches must be provided under the Apache 2.0 License
- Please use the -s option in git to "sign off" that the commit is your work and you are providing it under the Apache 2.0 License
- Submit a Github Pull Request to the appropriate branch and ideally discuss the changes with us in IRC.
- We will look at the patch, test it out, and give you feedback.
- Avoid doing minor whitespace changes, renamings, etc. along with merged content. These will be done by the maintainers from time to time but they can complicate merges and should be done seperately.
- Take care to maintain the existing coding style.
- Add unit tests for any new or changed functionality & Lint and test your code using Grunt.
- All pull requests should be "fast forward"
- If there are commits after yours use “git rebase -i <new_head_branch>”
- If you have local changes you may need to use “git stash”
- For git help see progit which is an awesome (and free) book on git
Version 0.15.0 - Compatibility with Cylon 0.22.0
Version 0.14.1 - Fix pin and pi-blaster compatability for different board revisions
Version 0.14.0 - Compatibility with Cylon 0.21.0
Version 0.13.0 - Compatibility with Cylon 0.20.0
Version 0.12.0 - Compatibility with Cylon 0.19.0
Version 0.11.0 - Compatibility with Cylon 0.18.0
Version 0.10.0 - Compatibility with Cylon 0.16.0
Version 0.9.1 - Add peerDependencies to package.json
Version 0.9.0 - Compatibility with Cylon 0.15.0
Version 0.8.1 - Fix a bug with PWM pins
Version 0.8.0 - Compatibility with Cylon 0.14.0, remove node-namespace.
Version 0.7.0 - Release for cylon 0.12.0
Version 0.6.2 - Fixes bug with connection not being set on adaptor.
Version 0.5.0 - Release for cylon 0.10.0
Version 0.4.0 - Release for cylon 0.9.0
Version 0.3.0 - Release for cylon 0.8.0
Version 0.2.0 - Release for cylon 0.7.0
Version 0.1.0 - Initial release
Copyright (c) 2013-2014 The Hybrid Group. Licensed under the Apache 2.0 license.