Cylon drivers for i2c devices
This module provides drivers for i2c devices (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I%C2%B2C). You would not normally use this module directly, instead it is used by Cylon.js adaptors that have i2c support.
Want to use Ruby on robots? Check out our sister project Artoo (http://artoo.io)
Want to use the Go programming language to power your robots? Check out our sister project Gobot (http://gobot.io).
Install the module with:
npm install cylon-i2c
var Cylon = require'cylon';// Initialize the robotCylonrobotconnections:arduino: adaptor: 'firmata' port: '/dev/ttyACM0'devices:blinkm: driver: 'blinkm'var lit = false;myblinkmoffevery1secondsif lit === truelit = false;myblinkmrgb0xaa 0 0;elselit = true;myblinkmrgb0 0 0;;start;
Cylon.js has a extensible system for connecting to hardware devices. The following i2c devices are currently supported:
- HMC6352 Digital Compass
- MPL115A2 Digital Barometer & Thermometer
More drivers are coming soon...
We're busy adding documentation to our web site at http://cylonjs.com/ please check there as we continue to work on Cylon.js
- All patches must be provided under the Apache 2.0 License
- Please use the -s option in git to "sign off" that the commit is your work and you are providing it under the Apache 2.0 License
- Submit a Github Pull Request to the appropriate branch and ideally discuss the changes with us in IRC.
- We will look at the patch, test it out, and give you feedback.
- Avoid doing minor whitespace changes, renamings, etc. along with merged content. These will be done by the maintainers from time to time but they can complicate merges and should be done seperately.
- Take care to maintain the existing coding style.
- Add unit tests for any new or changed functionality & Lint and test your code using Grunt.
- All pull requests should be "fast forward"
- If there are commits after yours use “git rebase -i <new_head_branch>”
- If you have local changes you may need to use “git stash”
- For git help see progit which is an awesome (and free) book on git
Version 0.20.0 - Add LIDAR-Lite support
Version 0.19.0 - Compatibility with Cylon 0.22.0
Version 0.18.0 - Compatibility with Cylon 0.21.0
Version 0.17.0 - Compatibility with Cylon 0.20.0
Version 0.16.0 - Compatibility with Cylon 0.19.0
Version 0.15.0 - Bugfixes, add LSM9DS0 support
Version 0.14.0 - Compatibility with Cylon 0.18.0
Version 0.13.0 - Compatibility with Cylon 0.16.0
Version 0.12.1 - Add peerDependencies to package.json
Version 0.12.0 - Compatibility with Cylon 0.15.0
Version 0.11.0 - Compatibility with Cylon 0.14.0, remove node-namespace.
Version 0.10.1 - Added new diagrams, tests, examples and bpm6080 driver
Version 0.10.0 - Update to cylon 0.13.0, Tessel compatibility, support for MPU6050 and BMP180
Version 0.9.0 - Update to cylon 0.12.0
Version 0.8.0 - Update to cylon 0.11.0, migrated to pure JS
Version 0.7.0 - Update to cylon 0.10.0, add drivers for LCD & MPL115A2
Version 0.6.0 - Update to Cylon 0.9.0
Version 0.5.1 - Bug fixes and updated BlinkM driver with full command set
Version 0.5.0 - Update to Cylon 0.8.0
Version 0.4.0 - Update to Cylon 0.7.0
Version 0.3.0 - Add support for HMC6352 digial compass
Version 0.2.0 - Update to Cylon 0.5.0
Version 0.1.0 - Add support for BlinkM
Copyright (c) 2013-2014 The Hybrid Group. Licensed under the Apache 2.0 license.