You: resourceful business communications and collaboration enabler.
You need automation to help your people get stuff done. For example:
- Onboard teams from a roster of email addresses (script name: onboard-teams)
- List/toggle (to get/set) specific feature flags (script name: developer-features)
- Use a guest (JWT login) to send a message to yourself (script name: guest-credentials)
- Make a copy of a space's memberships/messages (script names: export-data/roster-memberships)
- List/create/delete webhooks and diagnose webhook delivery problems (script name: developer-webhooks)
And so much more! Follow the easy setup below to get started! Consider sharing scripts or script ideas!
Get Started (use scripts)
npm --version is 5.2.0 or better, try:
npx cisco-webex-tools tutorial, or else:
- Install NodeJS LTS, if you haven't already. (provides
npm install --global cisco-webex-toolsto install the
- Read the help text (printed when the command is run without arguments or with -h, --help)
cwt provides a short alias. Scripts may also have short aliases.
Get Started (add scripts)
- Clone this repository into a directory, and therein run
Documentationand some of the
Open PRs with anything and everything awesome!
Help! Install didn't work! (permissions)
npx command (bundled with
npm) is easiest, if you just want to run a script once.
Consider a global install via
cisco-webex-tools to your
PATH) if you run scripts often.
In order to install this way,
node must make network connections and read/write files in certain folders.
If you're on macOS and not using something like
brew, you may need to use
Another great tool, especially if you have need to manage multiple versions of
Help! A script didn't work!
Any script that terminates abnormally may provide you with details useful in filing/fixing a bug.
Consider if that's the right course of action; under normal conditions, no script should crash!
Re-running a command with
--debug might help explain exactly what has gone wrong.
If you think there is a problem with any script, please open an issue or PR on GitHub!