The reusable, scalable, and quick node.js API server for stateless and stateful applications
Who is the Actionhero?
Actionhero is a multi-transport API Server with integrated cluster capabilities and delayed tasks. The goal of actionhero is to create an easy-to-use toolkit for making reusable & scalable APIs for HTTP, WebSockets, and more. Clients connected to an actionhero server can consume the api, consume static content, and communicate with each other. Actionhero is cluster-ready, with built in support for background tasks, 0-downtime deploys, and more. Actionhero provides a simple Async/Await API for managing every type of connection and background task.
Currently actionhero supports the following out of the box...
# Generate a new Projectnpx actionhero generatenpm installnpm run build # <--- new! I compile the TS to JSnpm run dev # <--- new! I use `ts-node` to let you develop on your ts files without compiling# Use the actionhero CLIactionhero generate action --name my_actionactionhero generate task --name my_task --queue default --frequency 0# Testnpm test# I'll run `prettier` and `build` for you first# I handle .ts files now!# To deploy your appnpm run build # <--- new! I compile the TS to JSnpm run start
Your new project will come with example actions, tests, and more.
Or deploy a free API server now:
Learn More 📚
- Getting Started @ www.actionherojs.com
- Actionhero's website can be found @ https://github.com/actionhero/www.actionherojs.com/. If you want to contribute to this site, visit the related project
- Read the typedoc documentation @ docs.actionherojs.com
- Find community-based resources
- Interact with the Community & View the Release History
- Server Client
In-depth Tutorials 🎓
- CLI Commands
- Chat & Realtime Communication
- File Server
- Localization & Translation
Testing, Deployment, and Operations
- Many folks have helped to make Actionhero a reality.
- If you want to contribute to actionhero, contribute to the conversation on github and join us on slack
- Contributing to Actionhero is easy! You can learn more about contributing to Actionhero here
- By engaging the with Actionhero community or contributing to this or related projects, you agree to our Code of Conduct