Shareable commitlint config enforcing Uphold's commit conventions.
This package ensures our commits follow our standard:
- Header must not exceed 72 characters.
- Header must start with a verb in the simple present tense (imperative mood).
- Header must be sentence-cased, meaning it must start with an uppercase letter.
- Header must not end with a full-stop.
- Body can make use of all verb tenses.
❯ npm i commitlint-config-uphold --save-dev
or with Yarn:
❯ yarn add commitlint-config-uphold --dev
wordnet database is large with more than 28 megabytes because it contains all the english words, including their definitions. To provide the smallest package possible, there's a script that generates a JSON file that contains the extracted english verbs from
wordnet. To update the generated JSON whenever
wordnet releases a new version, run:
❯ yarn update-wordnet-verbs
⚠️The detection algorithm simply checks if the first word is an english word that may be used as a verb (in the simple-present tense). It does not account if the word is actually a verb in the context of the phrase. It would be possible to detect if it's actually used as a verb by using natural language processing techniques. However, they often give bad results.