YOUBox is a development environment, testing framework and asset pipeline for YOUChain, aiming to make life as an YOUChain developer easier. With YOUBox, you get:
- Built-in smart contract compilation, linking, deployment and binary management.
- Automated contract testing with Mocha and Chai.
- Configurable build pipeline with support for custom build processes.
- Scriptable deployment & migrations framework.
- Network management for deploying to many public & private networks.
- Interactive console for direct contract communication.
- Instant rebuilding of assets during development.
- External script runner that executes scripts within a YOUBox environment.
$ npm install -g youbox
For a default set of contracts and tests, run the following within an empty project directory:
$ youbox init
From there, you can run
youbox migrate and
youbox test to compile your contracts, deploy those contracts to the network, and run their associated unit tests.
YOUBox comes bundled with a local development blockchain server that launches automatically when you invoke the commands above. If you'd like to configure a more advanced development environment we recommend you install the blockchain server separately by running
npm install -g ganache-cli at the command line.
- ganache-cli: a command-line version of YOUBox's blockchain server.
- ganache: A GUI for the server that displays your transaction history and chain state.
Please see the Official YOUBox Documentation for guides, tips, and examples.
This package is a distribution package of the YOUBox command line tool. Please see @youbox/core to contribute to the main core code.