Order Xen-Orchestra to snapshot all running VMs.
This tool aims to provide automated backup solution for your VMs (with the help of XO), until we implement this feature directly in the web interface.
Thanks to the XO architecture, you can backup all your VMs, regardless of which host they are.
How it works (so far)
We choose to create a snapshot of all your running VMs, on all XO connected servers. You can execute this script manually, or call it in a Cron job.
npm install -g xo-backup
> xo-backup --help Usage: xo-backup [--max-snapshots <n>] --token <token> <url> xo-backup [--max-snapshots <n>] --user <user> [--password <password>] <url> <url> URL of the XO instance to connect to (http://xo.company.tld). <token> Token to use for authentication. <user>, <password> User/password to use for authentication. If not provided, the password will be asked. <n> If defined, all (automatic) snapshots but the last <n> will be deleted.
Here is an example for making a snapshot every night at 2am with 7 days of history:
30 2 * * * xo-backup --max-snapshots 7 --user firstname.lastname@example.org --password admin http://xo.company.tld
npm, it's trivial to update this tool:
sudo npm update --global xo-backup
- Display usage when an argument is missing.
- Colors in the help message.
- Nicer URLs thanks to latest xo-lib.
- Fix snapshots sorting before deletion.
- Fix error messages.
- Can delete all but the last n snapshots.
- Package prefer to be installed globally.
- Help message now includes the version.
- Initial release.
Contributions are very welcomed, either on the documentation or on the code.
- report any issue you've encountered;
- fork and create a pull request.