Easy interface for interacting with the Wit.ai natural language parsing API.
This project will expand as the Wit.ai API expands, but as it stands there's a single endpoint. You can hit this
endpoint easily with
Wit.message([your message]), which uses Wit.ai to convert that phrase or sentence into an object
with an intent and entities if any were specified.
You will need to create a Wit.ai account and begin training it.
npm install wit-node@">=0.0.2"
You'll need to set an environment variable named
WIT_TOKEN or specify your token with
Wit.token = [your token].
export WIT_TOKEN=[your token]
Alternatively, you can pass the token to
Wit.message() as the second parameter.
Wit uses Q for promises, so the interface is nice and clean and reliable.
var promise = Witpromise
- Raw response object (parsed JSON)
- The original message sent.
- The intent, as determined by Wit.
- The confidence level that Wit determined.
- Object of entities, which contain the value, and the start/end position within msgBody.
- The value as determined by Wit (might not be the same as body).
- The start position index from msgBody.
- The end position index from msgBody.
- The actual value as specified in msgBody.
Licensed under the MIT License
Copyright 2012 Mode Set