VueJS Vuetify Vue Router Vuex - Basic Project Skeleton
Buy me a coffee
Hi! I'm Daniel Avellaneda, I'm an open source enthusiast and devote my free time to building projects in this field.
These projects are a "starter web app kit" for any developer who wants to build their own app without starting from scratch: API + Frontend
Both projects have been downloaded thousands of times by web developers around the world.
I'm doing my best to provide you a good experience when using my apps, so if you like what I'm doing and wish to say "thanks!", please buy me a coffee ☕️
Feel free to send me a tweet https://twitter.com/davellanedam, share this with others or make a pull request
- Multiple environment ready (development, production).
- Vue router
- i18n ready.
- Google Analytics ready.
- Ready to add to home screen in iOS and Chrome, checks if there´s an app update every 2 hours and reloads page (When a web app is added as stand alone there´s no reload button in the browser so new .js files from a new build never get loaded)
- Landing page.
- Protected home page.
- Forgot password.
- Account verification.
- User profile.
- Users admin area with CRUD operations.
- Cities admin area with CRUD operations.
- Testing with Cypress and mocha/chai.
- NPM script for keeping good source code formatting using prettier and ESLint.
- Use of ESLint for good coding practices.
- Use of prettier for beautiful format.
- Ability to refresh token
- JWT Tokens, make requests with a token after login with
Authorizationheader with value
yourTokenis the signed and encrypted token given in the response from the login process.
A demo of this Frontend is located at: https://vue-demo.daniel-avellaneda.com
IMPORTANT: Database resets every 30 mins like "12:00am, 12:30am, 1:00am" and so on. So anything you do will be lost after a short time.
Demo is also linked to a Node.js express.js MongoDB JWT REST API project that shows how this frontend can be integrated to an API.
Repo is here: https://github.com/davellanedam/node-express-mongodb-jwt-rest-api-skeleton
Running demo is here: https://api-demo.daniel-avellaneda.com
How to install
Using Git (recommended)
- Clone the project from github. Change "myproject" to your project name.
git clone https://github.com/davellanedam/vue-skeleton-mvp.git ./myproject
Using manual download ZIP
- Download repository
- Uncompress to your desired directory
Install npm dependencies after installing (Git or manual download)
cd myprojectnpm installnpm update
This project uses Vue Router HTML5 History Mode, this means when you are in development mode you can hit Cmd+R (mac) or F5 (Windows) to reload the page and it will work, but when the project is built you will have problems, so will need to do a small change in your web server to make that work. Please read the official Vue Router documentation here: https://router.vuejs.org/guide/essentials/history-mode.html#example-server-configurations
Compiles and hot-reloads for development
npm run serve
Compiles and minifies for production
npm run build
Run your tests
npm run test
Lints and fixes files
npm run lint
Formatting markdown files
npm run remark
Run your end-to-end tests
npm run test:e2e
Run your unit tests
npm run test:unit
Bugs or improvements
Feel free to report any bugs or improvements. Pull requests are always welcome.
This project is open-sourced software licensed under the MIT License. See the LICENSE file for more information.