Share your code.
In future, it might support other kinds of virtual filesystems as well.
Note: At the client side, Linux with
sshfs and Node.js is required.
- Setup an SFTP over WebSockets server at the remote machine (or skip this step and try
sshfsat the client (in Debian/Ubuntu, run
apt-get install sshfsas root).
vfsat the client by running
npm install vfs(add
-gas root to install globally).
- Mount a remote filesystem to a local directory by running
vfs url mountpoint(for example
vfs wss://nuane.com/sftp ~/sftp). Optionally, add
--path=path_nameto specify a remote path if you only wish to mount a part of the remote filesystem.
- Enjoy the remote filesystem! :-)
- Add the ability to easily start the filesystem client in the background.
- Make it possible to pass SSHFS and FUSE options from command line.
- More authentication options (only
Basicauthentication is supported at the moment, which is insufficient).