Object & String diff formatter for all displays
The diff renderers on npm (either object diff or string diffs) are not usable on displays without colour support. Object diffs usually lack a string diff representation which makes it difficult to spot subtle changes in string values deep in the objects structure. Unfunk-diff aims to integrate both to allow debugging of object and string differences, optionally without colour support.
- String-diff algorithm is jsDiff.
- Object-diff algorithm is objectDiff with nested string-diff. May currently be even stricter then your assertions!
- Style output abstracted by ministyle.
Install from npm:
$ npm install unfunk-diff
(it could work browser except I never got around to fix that)
// get the constructorvar DiffFormatter = DiffFormatter;// get a ministylevar style = ;// pass the ministyle and line wrapping widthvar formatter = style 80;// get the wrapped diffvar str = formatter;console;
Install development dependencies in your git checkout:
$ npm install
You need the global grunt command:
$ npm install grunt-cli -g
Build and run tests:
Gruntfile for additional commands, including many mocha runners.
- 0.0.2 - Increased string diff limit to 5000.
- 0.0.1 - Extracted from mocha-unfunk-reporter
Copyright (c) 2013 Bart van der Schoor
Licensed under the MIT license.