top-style (CLI), real-time view of Twitter stats. Stats are collected by sampling Twitter's public stream.
- Modify the
config/default.yamlwith your Redis configuration, if necessary. (You can optionally override
default.yamlwith your own file.)
- Create a Twitter app and update the
config/default.yamlfile with your app credentials.
npm start. Press Ctrl-C to quit.
The info that is included in the output, from top to bottom:
- time spent collecting data ("since x ago" in the header)
- number of tweets examined
- rate of tweets received from Twitter
- percentage of tweets containing a URL (excluding pictures from Twitter Photo Upload)
- percentage of tweets containing a picture (Twitter Photo Upload or Instagram link)
- percentage of tweets with an associated location
- percentage of tweets that are replies
- percentage of tweets that are retweets
- most popular hashtags
- most popular domains in links
- most popular languages of the tweets
- most popular countries from the associated locations
- most popular sources of tweets (apps)
- most prolific users
- most mentioned users
- most popular links
grunt jshint to lint the code.
grunt test to run the test suite.
grunt profile to run profiling.
Tested on Linux/Debian and Windows 7.
- The curses routines can probably be improved, if you can figure out the horribly-documented blessed library.
- There is no l10n/i18n done beyond what comes with Node and the included modules. It works pretty well, but CJK languages do cause rendering issues.
- Stats collection is not bounded, so theoretically the counters will overflow after ~1.8e308 tweets, or memory will be consumed to store all the hashtags and domains.
Copyright 2017 Eric Heikes.
Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0.
Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License for the specific language governing permissions and limitations under the License.