node-forge rsa with an API that you understand.
node-forge is a great module, it offers good encryption. Sadly its API is to complex. This module reduce the API for rsa signing/veriication and encryption/decryption to a minimum of just 6 functions.
- generateKeyPair() and generaitKeyPairSync() to create public and private key
- sign(data, privateKey) to sign data
- verify(data, publicKey) to verify the source of the data
- encrypt(data, publicKey) to encrypt something that only the coresponding privateKey can decrypt
- decrypt(data, privateKey) decrypt data that was encrypted specially for you.
you can use webpack or browserify to use the rsa module in the browser.