List contents of directories in tree-like format.
Tree-cli is a recursive directory listing program that produces a depth indented listing of files. With no arguments, tree lists the files in the current directory. When directory arguments are given, tree lists all the files and/or directories found in the given directories each in turn. Upon completion of listing all files/directories found, tree returns the total number of files and/or directories listed.
Default output file: tree_out
npm install -g tree-cli
use the command
treee (to avoid confliction with system command)
use --help to list help info.
use options to customize output
tree -l 2 -o out.txt -d
tree -l 2 -o out.txt
/Applications/XAMPP/htdocs/node_playground/tree-cli |-- README.md |-- bin | `-- tree |-- node_modules | |-- bluebird | |-- chalk | |-- cli-spinner | |-- meow | `-- object-assign |-- package.json `-- tree.js directory: 7 file: 4
- --help: outputs a verbose usage listing.
- --version: outputs the version of tree-cli.
- --debug: show debug info.
- --fullpath: prints the full path prefix for each file.
- --ignore: ignores directory or file you specify - accepts arrays as comma-delimited strings:
'node_modules/, .git/, .gitignore'
- --link: follows symbolic links if they point to directories, as if they were directories. Symbolic links that will result in recursion are avoided when detected.
- --noreport: omits printing of the file and directory report at the end of the tree listing and omits printing the tree on console.
- -a: all files are printed. By default tree does not print hidden files (those beginning with a dot '.'). In no event does tree print the file system constructs '.' (current directory) and '..' (previous directory).
- -d: list directories only.
- -f: append a '/' for directories, a '=' for socket files and a '|' for FIFOs.
- -i: makes tree not print the indentation lines, useful when used in conjunction with the -f option.
- -l: max display depth of the directory tree.
- -o: send output to filename.