Various tools for using and integrating with Swagger.
The project provides various tools for integrating and interacting with Swagger. This project is in its infancy but
what is within the repository should be fully tested and reusable. Please visit the issue tracker to
see what issues we are aware of and what features/enhancements we are working on. Otherwise, feel free to review the
Release Notes to see what is new and improved.
- Build status:
- Developer dependencies:
- Bower Version
- NPM Version:
Supported Swagger Versions
- Simple CLI
- Validate Swagger document(s)
- Convert Swagger 1.2 documents to Swagger 2.0
- Schema validation: For the file(s) supported by the Swagger specification, ensure they pass structural validation
based on the JSON Schema associated with that version of the specification (Browser and Node)
- Semantic validation: Validates Swagger files above and beyond the structure of the file (Browser and Node)
- Connect middleware for adding pertinent Swagger information to your requests (Node only)
- Connect middleware for wiring up security handlers for requests based on Swagger documentation (Node only)
- Connect middleware for wiring request handlers to requests based on Swagger documentation (Node only)
- Connect middleware for serving your Swagger documents and Swagger UI (Node only)
- Connect middleware for using Swagger resource documents for pre-route validation (Node only)
- Validate the request/response Content-Type based on the operation's
- Validate the request parameter types
- Validate the request parameter values
- Validate the response values
Swagger Tools is available for both Node.js and the browser. Installation instructions for each environment are below.
Installation for browser applications can be done via Bower or by downloading a standalone binary.
bower install swagger-tools --save
The standalone binaries come in two flavors:
Installation for Node.js applications can be done via NPM.
npm install swagger-tools --save
If you want to use the
swagger-tools executable for validating Swagger documents, you can install swagger-tools
globally using the following:
npm install -g swagger-tools
swagger-tools is heavily documented so head on over to the project documentation or jump straight to
the Quick Start.
This project uses Gulp for building so
npm install -g gulp once you clone this project. Running
gulp in the
project root will lint check the source code and run the unit tests.