Build static web sites from templates. Plus.
Static+ builds web sites from a data stream and some HTML templates.
It can deploy the site as files in your filesystem, an S3 or CloudFront site, or from CouchDB.
Install it from NPM
npm install -g static-plus
Point it at a CouchDB database
Static+ is an evented API and a command-line tool. It does three things:
- Let you drop in some templates, point it at a changes feed, and it spits out web pages.
- Deploy those web pages to places. Goals, in order:
- A directory in a filesystem
- S3. Just CNAME your domain there and you're done
- CouchDB attachments, plus access to the Couch API
- Watch the changes feed and re-deploy when appropriate
The directory and S3 deployment are straightforward.
The Couch deployment is the "plus" part.
- Fast. No shows, no lists, no views. No rewrites. Every request is a static download from an attachment.
- Push to a staging URL for QA, promote into production with an atomic transaction
- Two paths are an exception:
/couchwhich hit the DB api and the couch API respectively.
- request.jquery.js is there for you, of course.