a generator for static react pages using browserify
Wait, what is this?
This is a project generator for a frontend react project. You can optionally deploy your project to github pages as a set of static files. If you need a backend, that's up to you to sort out.
The template project:
- uses browserify to bundle your source.
- allows jsx and es6 syntax which will be transpiled by babelify.
- has a development server, budo which transpiles your code and has live-reloading.
- has a handy script to allow easy publishing to github pages:
npm run deploy.
- uses tinify to make your deployed builds as small as possible.
From the template package.json:
$ npm install -g slush slush-pages-react
Create a new folder for your project:
$ mkdir my-ghpages-react-app
Run the generator from within the new folder:
$ cd my-ghpages-react-app && slush pages-react
Woo! Check out the generated README for more usage information.
Getting To Know Slush
Slush is a tool that uses Gulp for project scaffolding.
Slush does not contain anything "out of the box", except the ability to locate installed slush generators and to run them with liftoff.
To find out more about Slush, check out the documentation.