Select2 is a jQuery based replacement for select boxes. It supports searching, remote data sets, and infinite scrolling of results.
Select2 is a jQuery-based replacement for select boxes. It supports searching,
remote data sets, and pagination of results.
To get started, checkout examples and documentation at
- Enhancing native selects with search.
- Enhancing native selects with a better multi-select interface.
- Nesting optgroups: native selects only support one level of nesting. Select2
does not have this restriction.
- Tagging: ability to add new items on the fly.
- Working with large, remote datasets: ability to partially load a dataset based
on the search term.
- Paging of large datasets: easy support for loading more pages when the results
are scrolled to the end.
- Templating: support for custom rendering of results and selections.
- IE 8+
- Chrome 8+
- Firefox 10+
- Safari 3+
- Opera 10.6+
You can source Select2 directly from a CDN like JSDliver or
CDNJS, download it from this GitHub repo, or use one of
the integrations below.
Select2 supports multiple languages by simply including the right language JS
dist/js/i18n/nl.js, etc.) after
Missing a language? Just copy
src/js/select2/i18n/en.js, translate it, and
make a pull request back to Select2 here on GitHub.
The documentation for Select2 is available
through GitHub Pages and is located within this repository
You can find out about the different ways to get in touch with the Select2
community at the Select2 community page.
The license is available within the repository in the LICENSE file.