Richmond Web Controller
Official Demo Web controller for richmond.js
This package is the official demo Web controller for the richmond.js package.
$ npm init
$ npm install richmond --save
$ npm install richmond-web-controller --save
Usage and Documentation
Because this is the official demo controller for the richmond.js core library, it is heavily documented in that package.
You can find the documentation here:
Summary of Features
- Richmond Web Controller
- All requests take the form of: http [ s ] ://host [ :port ] / prefix / :model [ / :id ]
- port is provided by richmond.js
- prefix is provided by richmond.js
- model is the name of the MongoDB collection
- id is the optional MongoDB id passed in if a request requires it
- Connects to MongoDB
- Supports all HTTP methods:
- GET - single record (getOne) and collections (getMany)
- Supports requests and responses in JSON format (Content-Type: application/json).
- Supports Multiple Models
- Supports SSL:
- 404 - if a Non-SSL request is made, will return 404 (not found).
- 302 - if a Non-SSL request is made, will return 302 (moved) and redirect to the SSL equivalent.
- Supports richmond.js token management.
- Supports rights management through tokens.
- Supports wrappers for intercepting requests before and after they are made.
Run the tests in one of the following two ways:
$ mocha --timeout 20000
$ npm test
The tests generate log files in a logs/ folder under the projects root folder.
In lieu of a formal styleguide, take care to maintain the existing coding style.
Add unit tests for any new or changed functionality. Lint and test your code.
Version 0.1.9 release notes
- brought code coverage up to 82%
Version 0.1.8 release notes
- updated test cases, integrated ngrok, travis-ci, codecov
Version 0.1.7 release notes
- Updated test cases to use logs/ folder
Version 0.1.6 release notes
- Added new github repo to package.json
- Updated README with repo list
Version 0.1.5 release notes
Version 0.1.4 release notes
- Updated README to keep in sync with richmond.js core.
Version 0.1.3 release notes
- Removed validation of param id (:id)
- mongoose.Types.ObjectId.isValid(req.params.id) is rejecting valid ids
- Bogus test also failed because it said an id of 'thisisabadid' was valid.
Version 0.1.2 release notes
- Refactored internal logging.
Version 0.1.1 release notes
Version 0.1.0 release notes