Rice is inspired by the Wheat blog engine
using doT for templating and
markdown support (wheat + jade = rice... even though jade is no longer used).
Rice requires a folder structure like so:
*contains .md files
- contains images, such as backgrounds, favicons, etc.
- contains .dot doT template files
A complete example can be found in the examples directory.
- Blog entries stored as .markdown files in a Git repository
- Walk through the articles directory
- Generate routes based on article titles
- Generate HTML by plugging the article markdown into the doT template
- Leverage existing Node modules for as much functionality as possible
- Be lean, quick to setup, and easily deployable to Heroku and other cloud services
- No reliance on a database
- Run my personal blog