Automated dependency updates. Multi-platform and multi-language.
Why Use Renovate?
- Get automated Pull Requests to update your dependencies
- Reduce noise by running Renovate on a schedule, for example:
- on weekends
- outside of working hours
- each week
- each month
- Relevant package files are discovered automatically
- Supports monorepo architectures like Lerna or Yarn workspaces with no extra configuration
- Bot behavior is customizable via configuration files (config as code)
- Use ESLint-like shared config presets for ease of use and simplifying configuration (JSON format only)
- Lock files are supported and updated in the same commit, including immediately resolving conflicts whenever PRs are merged
- Get replacement PRs to migrate from a deprecated dependency to the community suggested replacement (npm packages only)
- Open source (installable via npm/Yarn or Docker Hub) so can be self-hosted or used via GitHub App
Renovate works on these platforms:
- GitHub (.com and Enterprise Server)
- GitLab (.com and CE/EE)
- Bitbucket Cloud
- Bitbucket Server
- Azure DevOps
- AWS CodeCommit
- Gitea and Forgejo
Who Uses Renovate?
Renovate is widely used in the developer community:
Renovate OSS Insights
Renovate is built on a big community and actively invites and supports contributions. Information about our contributors and community can be found on OSS Insight.
The Renovate Approach
We believe everyone benefits from automation, whether it's a little or a lot. This means that Renovate:
- Adapts to your workflow
- Allows you to configure its behavior
- Will autodetect settings where possible
Get started with Renovate by checking out our tutorial.
It's easiest to use the hosted Renovate app. Install the Renovate app now.
There are two ways to run Renovate on Azure DevOps:
- Renovate Me extension
- Custom pipeline
Renovate Me extension
Go to the Visual Studio Marketplace and install the Renovate Me extension in your organization.
From there you can create a pipeline with the
Note: This extension is created and maintained personally by a Renovate developer/user so support requests relating to the extension itself cannot be answered directly in the main Renovate repository.
You can create a custom pipeline with a
yml definition that triggers
More details on how to configure the pipeline.
Bitbucket Cloud/Server, Forgejo, Gitea, GitLab
For Bitbucket Cloud, Bitbucket Server, Forgejo, Gitea and GitLab, use our self-hosting option.
To get help with your configuration, go to the discussions tab in the Renovate repository and open a new "config help" discussion post.
To run your own instance of Renovate you have several options:
- Install the
renovateCLI tool from npmjs, run it on a schedule (e.g. using
- Run the
renovate/renovateDocker Hub image (same content/versions as the CLI tool), run it on a schedule
- Run the
Security / Disclosure
If you find any bug with Renovate that may be a security problem, then e-mail us at: firstname.lastname@example.org. This way we can evaluate the bug and hopefully fix it before it gets abused. Please give us enough time to investigate the bug before you report it anywhere else.
Please do not create GitHub issues for security-related doubts or problems.