Node.js client for the Reflecta moto1 interface for motor control boards like the Sparkfun Monster Moto
Reflecta Monster Moto exposes commands to allow a host to control a Sparkfun Monster Moto Shield over the Arduino's USB or UART (Serial) port.
The commands exposed are:
- Drive (power0, power1): Turn on the motors using power levels from -255 to 255
- BrakeGround: Coast to a stop
- BrakeVcc: Hard brake using battery power to halt the drive shafts
- ReadCurrent: Read the current consumed by the motors
To install this library, upload sketch ReflectaMonsterMoto to your Arduino. Note that you must first install the Reflecta Arduino libraries.
To call this library, use the node-reflecta library which can be installed using npm:
npm install reflecta
A simple example is:
var reflecta = require'reflecta';reflectadetect// Choose the first board foundvar board = boards0;boardmoto1drive75 75;boardmoto1brakeGround;;
A simple example can be found in the node-reflecta project.
- Add error checking for power levels
- Add nodejs sample program that translatest joystick -> drive commands