Pretty, minimal and fast ZSH prompt
Git status indicators will appear before the prompt terminator, view the source for details
Most prompts are cluttered, ugly and slow. I wanted something visually pleasing that stayed out of my way.
- Comes with the perfect prompt character. Author went through the whole Unicode range to find it.
- Prompt character turns red if the last command didn't exit with
- Command execution time will be displayed if it exceeds the set threshold.
- Username and host only displayed when in an SSH session.
- Shows the current path in the title and the current directory and command when a process is running.
- Makes an excellent starting point for your own custom prompt.
Can be installed with
npm or manually.
$ npm install --global purity-prompt
That's it. Skip to Getting started.
- Clone this repo
- add it as a submodule, or
- just download
purity.zshto somewhere in
$fpathwith the name
$ ln -s "$PWD/purity.zsh" /usr/local/share/zsh/site-functions/prompt_purity_setup
echo $fpath to see possible locations.
For a user-specific installation (which would not require escalated privileges), simply add a directory to
$fpath for that user:
# .zshenv or .zshrcfpath=
Then install the theme there:
$ ln -s "$PWD/purity.zsh" "$HOME/.zfunctions/prompt_purity_setup"
Initialize the prompt system (if not so already) and choose
# .zshrcautoload -U promptinit && promptinitprompt purity
The max execution time of a process before its run time is shown when it exits. Defaults to
PURITY_GIT_PULL=0 to prevent Purity from checking whether the current Git remote has been updated.
# .zshrcautoload -U promptinit && promptinit# optionally define some optionsPURITY_CMD_MAX_EXEC_TIME=10prompt purity
Symlink (or copy)
~/.oh-my-zsh/custom/purity.zsh-theme and add
ZSH_THEME="purity" to your
Symlink (or copy)
~/.zprezto/modules/prompt/functions/prompt_purity_setup alongside Prezto's other prompts. Then
set zstyle ':prezto:module:prompt' theme 'purity' in
antigen bundle therealklanni/purity to your .zshrc file (do not use the
antigen theme function).