- Widely Supported: Creates and downloads presentations on all current web browsers (Chrome, Edge, Firefox, etc.) and IE11
- Full Featured: Slides can include Charts, Images, Media, Shapes, Tables and Text (plus Master Slides/Templates)
- Easy To Use: Entire PowerPoint presentations can be created in a few lines of code
- Use the unique HTML-to-PowerPoint feature to copy an HTML table into 1 or more Slides with a single command
Table of Contents (generated with DocToc)
- Live Demo
- Quick Start Guide
- Library API
- HTML-to-PowerPoint Feature
- Integration with Other Libraries
- Full PowerPoint Shape Library
- Issues / Suggestions
- Need Help?
- Version 2.0 Breaking Changes
- Unimplemented Features
- Special Thanks
- Support Us
Include Local Scripts
- IE11 support requires a Promises polyfill as well (included in the libs folder)
Include Bundled Script
- Bundle script includes all libraries: jQuery + JSzip + PptxGenJS + Promises
Install With Bower
bower install pptxgen
npm install pptxgenjsvar pptx = ;
- Desktop: Compatible with Electron applications
Quick Start Guide
- Create a new Presentation
- Add a Slide
- Add one or more objects (Tables, Shapes, Images, Text and Media) to the Slide
- Save the Presentation
var pptx = ;var slide = pptx;slide;pptx;
That's really all there is to it!
Saving a Presentation
Master Slides and Corporate Branding
Adding Media (Audio/Video/YouTube)
Integration with Other Libraries
Full PowerPoint Shape Library
If you are planning on creating Shapes (basically anything other than Text, Tables or Rectangles), then you'll want to
The shapes file contains a complete PowerPoint Shape object array thanks to the officegen project.
Issues / Suggestions
When reporting issues, please include a code snippet or a link demonstrating the problem. Here is a small jsFiddle that is already configured and uses the latest PptxGenJS code.
Sometimes implementing a new library can be a difficult task and the slightest mistake will keep something from working. We've all been there!
If you are having issues getting a presentation to generate, check out the demos in the
examples directory. There
are demos for both Nodejs and client-browsers that contain working examples of every available library feature.
- Use a pre-configured jsFiddle to test with: PptxGenJS Fiddle
- Use Ask Question on StackOverflow - be sure to tag it with "PptxGenJS"
Version 2.0 Breaking Changes
Please note that version 2.0.0 enabled some much needed cleanup, but may break your previous code... (however, a quick search-and-replace will fix any issues).
While the changes may only impact cosmetic properties, it's recommended you test your solutions thoroughly before upgrading PptxGenJS to the 2.0 version.
getVersion() method is now a property:
Option names are now caseCase across all methods:
Options deprecated in early 1.0 versions (hopefully nobody still uses these):
require('pptxgenjs')no longer returns a singleton instance
pptx = new PptxGenJS()will create a single, unique instance
- Advantage: Creating multiple presentations is much easier now - see Issue #83 for more).
The PptxGenJS library is not designed to replicate all the functionality of PowerPoint, meaning several features are not on the development roadmap.
- Importing Existing Presentations and/or Templates
- Officegen Project - For the Shape definitions and XML code
- Dzmitry Dulko - For getting the project published on NPM
- kajda90 - For the new Master Slide Layouts
- PPTX Chart Experts: kajda90, Matt King, Mike Wilcox
- Everyone who has submitted an Issue or Pull Request. :-)
Do you like this library and find it useful? Add a link to the PptxGenJS project on your blog, website or social media.
Thanks to everyone who supports this project! <3
Copyright © 2015-2018 Brent Ely