npm install pk6parse
var pk6parse = ;
buf(Buffer): A Buffer in .pk6 format
options.parseNamesis set to
true, assigns readable names to the returned data in addition to property IDs.
- Returns (object): An object containing the parsed information from the buffer.
filepath(string): The path to a .pk6 file
- Parses the pk6 data in a given file. This is an alias for:
While most of the information in the parsed object will be in a readable format, some information (such as move data) will still be represented by an ID Number. This is because the string representation of this data can vary depending on game and language. The data can be exposed by setting
true, or by using these helper functions:
data(object) Parsed data, in the format of data returned by
- Mutates the given
dataobject by all supported "name" properties to it. For example, the
abilityNameproperty will be added based on the existing
abilityIdproperty. Note that future updates may support more names than are currently available.
- Returns (object): The mutated object
dexNo(number): The national dex number of the desired species
- Returns (object): An object containing various information on this species, such as its name, egg groups, etc.
itemId(number): The item ID of the desired item
- Returns (object): An object containing information about the given item
moveId(number): The move ID of the desired move
- Returns (object): An object containing information about the given move
abilityId(number): The ability ID of the desired ability
- Returns (object): An object containing information about the given ability
natureId(number): The nature ID of the desired nature
- Returns (object): An object containing information about the given nature
medalData(number): A bitmap representing data on super training medals. In most cases, this will be directly passed from the
medalDataproperty which is exposed from a parsed pk6 file.
- Returns (Array[String]): An array of medal names represented by the bitmap
ribbonData(number): A bitmap representing data on super training medals. In most cases, this will be directly passed from the
ribbonDataproperty which is exposed from a parsed pk6 file.
- Returns (Array[String]): An array of ribbon names represented by the bitmap
Most of the raw data for these functions was collected from Pokeapi, without which this project would have been substantially harder.