what is it?
A minimal and zero-configuration tool for developing super tiny HTML projects, such as:
- quick experiments and prototypes — it’s easy to build and deploy
- student projects — the environment is almost non-existent
- super small sites — single page portfolio etc
- project documentation — by using pinto on your gh-pages branch
how do I use it?
$ npm install pinto -g # install the cli
$ pinto init src # scaffolds the project in src/ folder $ pinto dev src # starts a dev src/ $ pinto build src dist # builds a static page in dist $ pinto preview dist # previews the static page in dist
what it does?
Pinto creates a completely static html page from the following:
- A single CSS file
- A single JS file
- A handlebars template
- A JSON file that powers the handlebars template
- An assets folder for public images or whatever