Generate models, controllers and routes automatically for a CRUD using the Play Framework on Java.
It is based on the same idea of the rails generator.
- Application using Play Framework Built
- Your packages / folder structure must be:
How to use:
- Install the nodeJS
- Open the command line and type:
npm install -g pgen
- On command line, go to the root folder of your project in Play:
- Use the command
pgen gto generate the files:
$ c:\project\playproject> pgen g Car name:String price:BigDecimal
It will be generated 2 classes:
- app/models/Car.java - model class with Ebean annotations
- app/controllers/Cars.java - controller class that has methods in the REST pattern: all, save, list, update, delete
It will also change the conf/routes file to add all REST routes to the controller.
pgen -help: -h, --help output usage information -V, --version Output the version number g, --generator <ModelName> <values> Generate Model, Controller and add to routes. in package app.model app.controller and conf / routes. ModelName shoud be the class name in camel case like: Car, User. d, --destroy <ModelName> Remove Class Model and Controller