Peak is a node toolkit for developing and deploying Tumblr themes.
- Preview Tumblr themes in real-time with actual Tumblr content.
- Deploy to Tumblr with one prompt in your command line.
$ npm install peak -g
- Create a new peak project:
$ peak new mytheme
mytheme is the path of the folder you'd like to create. Optionally, run
peak new with flags to configure your project (see configuration options).
2. Change directory to
mytheme and start the watcher:
$ cd mytheme $ peak watch
-h for options.
3. Write your Tumblr theme!
- See the syntax docs for Peak's language-friendly syntax for incorporating Tumblr tags/blocks and more.
- See the languages docs for supported template languages.
- Using a browser, navigate to localhost:1111.
- To deploy your theme to Tumblr, run
peak deployfrom your project's root folder.
doctype htmlhtmlheadtitle !(Title)// +(src: 'style.styl' media: 'all')// +(src: 'main.coffee')bodyimg(src="@(images/peak.jpg)")// #(Posts)articleh1 !(Title)// ##
Peak includes custom syntax for:
Tumblr blocks:// #(Posts)// ##
Peak also includes unique syntax for:
applying base URLs to external assets specific to watching or deploying.
When watching the theme, Peak will render Tumblr tags and blocks with the specified blog's context, like so:
Peak BlogPost 1Post 2Post 3
However, on deploy, Peak will compile Tumblr tags in their standard syntax:
For more, check out the Syntax docs.
- Certain Tumblr tags are incompatible with Peak as they're not part of Tumblr's public customize API.