Pattern Lab Node Core
This repository contains the core functionality for Pattern Lab Node. Pattern Lab helps you and your team build thoughtful, pattern-driven user interfaces using atomic design principles.
Support for Pattern Lab Node
Pattern Lab Node wouldn't be what it is today without the support of the community. It will always be free and open source. Continued development is made possible in part from the support of these wonderful project supporters. If you want to learn more about supporting the project, visit the Pattern Lab Node Patreon page.
💯 Thanks for support from the following:
Pattern Lab Node Core is designed to be consumed, and by default is included as a dependency within two example Node Editions.
- Pattern Lab/Node: Gulp Edition contains info how to get started within a Gulp task running environment.
- Pattern Lab/Node: Grunt Edition contains info how to get started within a Grunt task running environment.
Core, and Editions, are part of the Pattern Lab Ecosystem. With this architecture, we encourage people to write and maintain their own editions.
const config = ;const patternlab = config;patternlab;
- Read more about configuration via
- The rest of the api / command line interface is documented in the wiki, and already implemented for you within Node Editions. A full-featured command line interface is in the works, courtesy of @raphaelokon.
Development Installation / Workflow
mkdir /patternlab-nodecd /patternlab-nodegit clonenpm installnpm linkcd location/of/editionnpm link patternlab-node
The above is a bit verbose, but illustrates:
- how to clone this repository to an arbitrary location
- install all dependencies (run
npm install --devif your NODE_ENV is production for some reason)
- setup the
npm linkto your local copy
- use the local copy of patternlab-node in your edition
Make sure to change to whichever branch you intend to hack on or test within your cloned repository, such as
If you find yourself here and are looking to upgrade, check out how to upgrade from version to version of Pattern Lab Node here: https://github.com/pattern-lab/patternlab-node/wiki/Upgrading
View the ChangeLog for the latest Pattern Lab Node updates.
If you'd like to contribute to Pattern Lab Node, please do so! There is always a lot of ground to cover and something for your wheelhouse.
Please read the guidelines: https://github.com/pattern-lab/patternlab-node/blob/master/.github/CONTRIBUTING.md
- @bmuenzenmeyer - Lead Maintainer
- @geoffp - Core Contributor
- @raphaelokon - CLI Contributor
- @tburny - Core Contributor
The Pattern Lab Node team uses our gitter.im channel, pattern-lab/node to keep in sync, share updates, and talk shop. Please stop by to say hello or as a first place to turn if stuck. Other channels in the Pattern Lab organization can be found on gitter too.
Ask or answer Pattern Lab questions on Stack Overflow: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/tagged/patternlab.io