OpenFin Notification Center
The OpenFin Notification Center provides developers with a uniform way to create, display and organize desktop notifications as well as responding to notification events.
Notifications will be displayed as toasts as well as being listed and organized in a Notification Center. The Notification Center can be accessed by clicking on the Notifications icon in the system tray.
This project consist of 2 parts:
- The Notification Center, displaying and managing notifications
- The Notification Center Client Library, exposing APIs for applications to create and manage notifications
- OpenFin version for applications using the Notification Center >= 188.8.131.52
- OpenFin version used by the Notifications Provider = 184.108.40.206
- RVM >= 4.7
- Create notifications
- Clear and dismiss notifications
- Attach handlers for when notifications are created, closed, and interacted with
- Persist notifications in the Notification Center
Integrating the Notification Center within an application is done by importing the Client API.
Import the Client API
npm install openfin-notifications
The client library is also available as a resource which can be included via
This will expose the global variable
notifications with the API methods documented in the link below. Example:
const notes = await notifications.getAll();
The client module exports a set of functions, documented in the API docs.
Documentation is available here.