The module is a wrapper for json-schema with convenience methods and improvements:
- Does not trigger target object's getters during validation.
- create( config ): Creates and returns new instance of Object Validation.
- validate( target, schema ): Creates and returns new instance of Object Validation.
- keys( target, schema ): Get keys to affected properties.
- mixin( target ): Adds the prototypal methods of Object Validation to a target object.
- set( key, value ): Set a setting to instance meta. To set default setting use 'defaults' as key.
- get( key ): Get a meta value.
Instance methods are available if the create() method was used to instantiate a new Object State.
- validate( schema ): Validate against provided schema or default schema.
- keys( schema ): Get array of absolute paths to property keys in current schema.
The example below will trigger a failure because the tested object does not have the required "name" field.
var validate = require 'object-validation' validate;var schema =name:required: trueage:format: "number"required: true// Will fail because missing "age"console.log validate"name": "John Smith"schema is_valid ;// Will validateconsole.log validate"name": "John Smith""age": 30schema is_valid ;
(The MIT License)
Copyright (c) 2013 Usability Dynamics, Inc. <email@example.com>
Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the 'Software'), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:
The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED 'AS IS', WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.