Helps you with releasing and keeping track of versions of your NPM packages. Built after zest.releaser.
sudo npm -g install npm-releaser
Your version numbers are bound to the Semantic Versioning scheme. Given that you probably use NPM, this is already the case.
- prerelease: picks a new version number, updates package.json, and commits
- release: makes a tag, and does npm publish
- postrelease: picks a new version number, pushes changes
- fullreleaser: prerelease + release + postrelease
The current shortcomings are:
- Only understands GIT
- Only understands NPM (are there any others?)
- Bound to Semantic Versioning
- Several more?