Normalize.css is a customisable CSS file that makes browsers render all elements more consistently and in line with modern standards.
The project relies on researching the differences between default browser styles in order to precisely target only the styles that need or benefit from normalizing.
Download from the project page.
Install with Bower:
bower install --save normalize-css
Install with Component(1):
component install necolas/normalize.css
What does it do?
- Preserves useful defaults, unlike many CSS resets.
- Normalizes styles for a wide range of elements.
- Corrects bugs and common browser inconsistencies.
- Improves usability with subtle improvements.
- Explains what code does using detailed comments.
How to use it
No other styles should come before Normalize.css.
It is recommended that you include the
normalize.css file as untouched
- Google Chrome (latest)
- Mozilla Firefox (latest)
- Mozilla Firefox 4
- Opera (latest)
- Apple Safari 6+
- Internet Explorer 8+
Normalize.css v1 provides legacy browser support (IE 6+, Safari 4+), but is no longer actively developed.
Please read the CONTRIBUTING.md