To install node-tip-bot simply clone this repo and install dependencies:
git clone https://github.com/nrpatten/node-tip-botcd node-tip-botnpm install
After installation proceed to the configuration.
To configure, copy the
config/config.sample.yml file to
IRC network connection info.
- host - hostname of the IRC server
- port - port of the IRC server
- secure - use secured connection
- status_command - NickServ command to get nick's login status, ACC on freenode, STATUS on some other networks
IRC network connection and login info.
- nickname - bot's nickname
- username - bot's username
- realname - bot's realname
- nickserv_password - nickserv password to identify with
List of channels to auto-join to.
Web interface settings.
- enabled - enabled web admin
- port - port to bound to
- users - list of users with access to web interface in
- file - file to log to. Set to
falseto disable logging to file.
JSON RPC API connection info.
- host - JSON RPC API hostname
- port - API port (by default 9332 for litecoin)
- user - API username
- pass - API password (keep that secure)
Basic coin settings.
- withdrawal_fee - fee charged on withdraw to cover up txfee, the rest goes to bot's wallet.
- min_withdraw - minimum amount of coins to withdraw
- min_confirmations - minimum amount of confirmations needed to tip/withdraw coins
- min_tip - minimum amount of coins to tip
- min_rain - minimum amount of coins to make rain
- short_name - short coin's name (eg.
- full_name - full coin's name (eg.
Here you can restrict some commands to work only on PM/channel.
Whatever the bot says. Supports expandable variables (eg.
%nick% for bot's nick). By default all config vars from
rpc section are available.
How does it work?
Every nickname has it's own account in your wallet. When tipping or withdrawing, bot checks if user is registered and identified with NickServ. If so, he moves the money from one account to another, or when withdrawing, transfers coins to other wallet.
How to run it?
Before running the bot, you have to be running your coin daemon with JSON-RPC API enabled. To enable, add this to your coin daemon configuration file (eg.
server=1daemon=1rpcuser=<your username>rpcpassword=<your super secret password>rpcallowip=<your bot's ip address or just 127.0.0.1 if hosted on the same machine>
Start The Bot
To run the bot simply use
node bin/tipbot or
IF you ger this error:
npm WARN This failure might be due to the use of legacy binary "node" npm WARN For further explanations, please read /usr/share/doc/nodejs/README.Debian
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:chris-lea/node.js sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install python-software-properties python g++ make nodejs
To change the ticker for your coin edit
39 - 50 and add your own Cryptsy, AllCoin and BTC-e coin ticker link.
Currently only supports Cryptsy, AllCoin and BTC-e.
33 - 50,
104 -108 and bin/tipbot.js
351 to add your own exchange json.
||displays your current wallet balance|
||displays address where you can send your funds to the tip bot|
||withdraws your whole wallet balance to specified address|
||sends the specified amount of coins to the specified nickname|
||sends the specified amount of coins to the channel|
||displays the current network hashpersec|
||displays the current network difficulty|
||displays the current network block|
||displays the current network khps/difficulty/block|
||displays your current Allcoin coin price|
||displays your current Cryptsy coin price|
||displays the current BTC-e BTC price|
||displays a random joke|
||displays a random quote|
||displays configured help message (by default similiar to this one)|
||displays terms and conditions for using the tip bot|