Full project linting.
Nlint does full project syntax linting. It runs your js/json/css files through linters to find errors that might not reveal themselves in testing.
- Async, multi process for faster reading and linting
- CSSLint: Automated linting of Cascading Stylesheets
- JSONLint: JSON Linter that allows comments
$ npm install nlint
When installed globally
npm install -g nlint, the nlint command may be used
$ nlint /path/to/dir/
To incorporate nlint into your build process, just trigger the render method
require 'nlint' render '/path/to/root/' ;
- use: List of linters to use. Comma separated list, or array of linters. Defaults to all linters.
- fork: Number of forked processes for use in linting. Will speed up large projects. Defaults to the number of cpus on the system.
- ignore: List of file paths to ignore. Should be an array of string paths.
- linters: Object of options that are passed to the linter function
- reset: Resets all previous options up to that directory (including global defaults)
Here is a sample nlint file that can be used (commented)
Nlint files define out options for the directory it's in, and each subdirectory following. Each following nlint file adds/overwrites the previous nlint file in the parent directories.
- .nlint, .nlint.json, .nlint.json5: JSON files mimicking options for that directory
- .nlint.js: module.exports is used as the options object for that directory
# Sample directory setup/Users/me/my-project/.nlint.json/Users/me/my-project/test/.nlint.json
When nlint is traversing your project, every file and directory that is not the
inherits it's settings from the root
When nlint is traversing your test directory, the settings used is the equivalent of the following
settings = extendrequire "/Users/me/my-project/.nlint.json"require "/Users/me/my-project/test/.nlint.json";
The MIT LicenseCopyright (c) 2012-2014 Corey HartPermission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copyof this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to dealin the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rightsto use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sellcopies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software isfurnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included inall copies or substantial portions of the Software.THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS ORIMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY,FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THEAUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHERLIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM,OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS INTHE SOFTWARE.