Core (this repo) - Live Examples on Codepen
- Event Emitter
- Middleware Engine
- Custom Exceptions (Errors)
- Ledger System (Auditing/Logging)
- Base Class
- Parallel Task Runner
- Sequential Task Runner
- Evented Task Runner
- HTTP Client (Promise & Callback-Based)
- Network Resource Feature
- Enhanced URL
- Create Plugins
- Extend Core Modules & Plugins
- Semver Support (Dependency Declarations)
In addition, the following libraries are available:
- libdata: Common data manipulation methods.
- libnet-node: Polyfill network features Node doesn't have (Request Caching, ReferralPolicy, Subresource Integrity)
- libcrypto: Simple cryptography features (Generate Keypairs, Sign/Verify Content, Encrypt/Decrypt). The crypto plugin can be used to enable simple crypto for any NGN plugin.
We are still working on the data module, which is the most powerful, but also most complex library in NGN. The data module supports data modeling, data stores, events, indexing, has it's own query language, and is often described as a small cross-runtime database.
NGNX, the extension system, has been dropped in 2.0.0. The libraries, such as the date/time library, are being integrated directly into NGN.
NGN 2.0.0 is currently in an alpha state. We are battle testing it with select Butler Logic clients, but we're really putting it through rigorous production testing as we build Metadoc and EnableDB on NGN 2, JET and Chassis.